Gelbooru

Notice: Do you have an artist tag on Gelbooru? Let us know so we can properly credit you!

Now Viewing: What happened to straight_shota tag?

Keep it civil, do not flame or bait other users. If you notice anything illegal or inappropriate being discussed, contact an administrator or moderator.

somedude Group: Member - Total Posts: 1
user_avatar
What happened to straight_shota tag?
Posted on: 02/01/18 01:02PM
It's completely gone, purged, and it was a great way to filter out solo/yaoi stuff.

jedi1357 Group: Moderator - Total Posts: 3230
user_avatar
Posted on: 02/01/18 01:06PM
somedude said:
It's completely gone, purged, and it was a great way to filter out solo/yaoi stuff.


gelbooru.com/index.php?page=wiki&s=view&id=872

Xalrun Group: Moderator - Total Posts: 3705
user_avatar
Posted on: 02/01/18 01:10PM
I've got deija vu.

LDWindgates Group: Member - Total Posts: 21
user_avatar
Posted on: 02/02/18 07:57AM
jedi1357 said:
somedude said:
It's completely gone, purged, and it was a great way to filter out solo/yaoi stuff.


gelbooru.com/index.php?page=wiki&s=view&id=872


yah, thats retarded. straight-shota was just easier.

Jerl Group: Administrator's Pet - Total Posts: 4383
user_avatar
Posted on: 02/02/18 12:31PM
How in the world is "straight_shota" easier than "hetero shota"? "hetero" is actually 2 keystrokes less, and is exactly equivalent. "hetero" already filters out yaoi, bisexual, and solo posts without needing to subtract those tags from the search since it's mutually exclusive with all of them.

Anti_Gendou Group: Unofficial Gardener's Guild - Total Posts: 4077
user_avatar
Posted on: 02/02/18 02:31PM
It is easy to mistake muscle memory with simplicity. Similar to how having a game's length padded out gives an illusion of difficulty.

spcsteve Group: Member - Total Posts: 2
user_avatar
WHY
Posted on: 02/05/18 05:26AM
this tag needs to come back why did the admins delete it. it worked... it had thousands of images related to it... i don't get you guys sometimes

Jerl Group: Administrator's Pet - Total Posts: 4383
user_avatar
Posted on: 02/05/18 10:36AM
As we've said multiple times, every single post that was tagged "straight_shota" is now tagged with the tags "hetero" and "shota". Searching for those two tags together is exactly equivalent to searching for "straight_shota", so you can still find the exact same content just fine.

rusty_shackleford Group: Member - Total Posts: 2
user_avatar
Posted on: 02/10/18 04:10PM
The hetero tag makes it kinda look as if heterosexual sex is not usual anymore so that a hetero tag is necessary. I know, shota alone is usally associated with homosexuals drawn for shotacons, but the word hetero just looks so unessary for a tag. In other sorts of images the hetero tag looks completely redundant, like it's implying that hetero became so uncommon that it's notable.
I hope you didn't put too much effort in this by retagging every single image fitting the criteria shota and hetero. It just feels unecessary to me, honestly.
And speaking of unnecessary tags, what is up with the eyebrows_through_hair tag? Seriously? No offense, but that is ridiculous in my eyes. That would be like 99% of images here. Who started it and how did that get his attention? Also, is a ceiling really that notable to deserve a tag on every image that shows a ceiling?

I think there should be a better term for straight_shota instead of two tags.

jedi1357 Group: Moderator - Total Posts: 3230
user_avatar
Posted on: 02/10/18 05:09PM
rusty_shackleford said:
The hetero tag makes it kinda look as if heterosexual sex is not usual anymore so that a hetero tag is necessary. I know, shota alone is usally associated with homosexuals drawn for shotacons, but the word hetero just looks so unessary for a tag. In other sorts of images the hetero tag looks completely redundant, like it's implying that hetero became so uncommon that it's notable.
I hope you didn't put too much effort in this by retagging every single image fitting the criteria shota and hetero. It just feels unecessary to me, honestly.
And speaking of unnecessary tags, what is up with the eyebrows_through_hair tag? Seriously? No offense, but that is ridiculous in my eyes. That would be like 99% of images here. Who started it and how did that get his attention? Also, is a ceiling really that notable to deserve a tag on every image that shows a ceiling?

I think there should be a better term for straight_shota instead of two tags.


The hetero tag is used on only 10% of posts because it is a little unusual. That is because most posts depicting one or more males and females together are neither romantic nor sexual, thus the hetero tag shows that there is such a relationship between the characters. It still differs from the "couple" tag in that non-romantic sex is included as well such as rape. Many may not include incest among couple either.

"eyebrows_visible_through_hair" has been around since at least 2016. It is very common on this art-related site to tag artistic styles and image composition, so much so that we have an entire group of tags for this: gelbooru.com/index.php?page=wiki&s=view&id=6730 It can be argued to be as important an aspect of a characters design as the eye-shape (we have tags for these) or the presence of a smile in the image.

is a ceiling really that notable to deserve a tag on every image that shows a ceiling?


Maybe not notable on every such image but almost certainly notable on some images. We are not at this time going to limit the use of this tag to a ceiling that has a notable presence in the image.

If a tag is common, non-redundant and non-subjective then I will usually allow the use of the tag without protest though new tags should still be discussed in the guild forum.

add_replyAdd Reply

1 2