Now Viewing: howto:nicoseiga
Tag type: None
Nicoseiga is a website operated by niconico where a vast majority of Japanese artists upload their works. In addition to pixiv, it is another major source of images on Gelbooru.
This page will describe how to upload from nicoseiga, in addition to how to handle new artist entries in the case an entry doesn't already exist for the artist you're uploading a work from.
Nicoseiga has reduced-size versions of its images known as nicoseiga_samples, none of which should be uploaded here.
Since Gelbooru supports direct linking to the image URL, the source URL should look like the following:
And not like these:
http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/seiga/im6483694 (direct HTML URL)
http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/image/source/6483694 (link URL)
http://lohas.nicoseiga.jp/thumb/6483694i?1487051133 (thumbnail sample URL, DO NOT UPLOAD)
http://lohas.nicoseiga.jp/thumb/6483694qz?1487051133 (thumbnail sample URL)
2. Use the artist tag detected under Related Tags, if there is one. If there is none, you may refer to the rest of this article on how to choose an artist name and make an entry for them.
3. Remember to howto:tag|tag the rest of your upload and follow the rest of the procedures under howto:upload.
Rule of thumb is: Make a simple, readable, and memorizable tag.
The first choice is to use the artist's real name if you can find it on any websites or blogs listed on their nicoseiga illustration profile. See howto:artist for advice on finding the artist's name on their website.
Many artists also have pixiv accounts in addition to their nicoseiga account. Refer to howto:pixiv for more information in the case you find one.
If none exist, the name they use on nicoseiga is listed at the very top of their nicoseiga illustration profile with "さん" written in smaller text following the name, or at the top right corner in bold under 投稿者, again with "さん" following the name in non-bolded text.
Once you have a name, romanize it(See: howto:romanize). Name kanji often have several different readings, so it's best to use any available indicators (such as their twitter handle) on how to read the name. If you don't know how to read this name or are unsure of the correct reading, post in gelbooru.com/index.php?page=forum&s=view&id=1706 to ask for help.
Note that Nicoseiga nicknames are not necessarily unique. If it is too generic ("Ken", "Daisuke", "Youko", etc.), add a qualifier to make it unique. Good choices for qualifiers include:
* The artist's circle name
** e.g. gurande_(g-size)
* The artist's twitter handle
** e.g. oyamada_(pi0v0jg)
* If nothing else exists, their seiga ID
** This is a very rare case, and should be avoided.
Things to note
* Do not use non-ASCII characters for the artist's name, even if they look like ASCII letters--Ｒｙｕ is not the same as Ryu. Save that for the "Other names" field.
* Do not use "_(nicoseiga)", "_(seiga)", or "_(artist)" as the qualifier. There are probably a dozen Nicoseiga artists named Sakura or Miki, so those qualifiers are simply not effective.
* Try not to make a hard to read name like ken_(oooxvbgj).
To create or edit an artist entry, click the '?' next to the artist tag in the tag list. In the artist entry, add:
* The artist's Nicoseiga nickname (found under their profile picture).
* Any other account names, Twitter handles, or nicknames on other sites the artist lists in their profile.
* The Nicoseiga profile URL: seiga.nicovideo.jp/user/illust/27331320
* URLs of any other websites the artist lists in their Nicoseiga profile.
See the last section of howto:artist for more information about artist entries.
Other Wiki Information
This entry is not locked and you can edit it as you see fit.
|There are no images associated with this wiki entry.|